In our dental office, our El Dorado Hills, CA dentist treats patients of all ages, and he provides the services families need to maintain healthy smiles at any age.
The Difference between Preventive and General Dentistry
General dentistry picks up where preventive dentistry leaves off. In other words, preventive dentistry offers proactive treatments to keep your smile healthy, including:
- Professional teeth cleanings to rid your teeth of tartar and bacteria
- Regular dental exams to spot emerging dental health problems
- X-rays to look at your smile health below the surface
- Dental sealants to protect your teeth from bacteria and food debris
General dentistry provides maintenance when your smile needs specific treatments, including:
- Tooth-colored fillings to restore cavities
- Root canals to clear away tooth infections
- Extractions to ease pain, remove wisdom teeth, or to prepare for orthodontics
- Periodontal therapies to stop the progress of gum disease
- Tooth replacement to restore your smile
Customized General Dentistry in El Dorado Hills, CA
The American Dental Association recommends twice-yearly dental exams and teeth cleanings. However, if you have specific oral health issues, your dentist in El Dorado Hills, CA can provide custom treatment plans to maintain your smile.
For example, if you have periodontal disease, your dentist may schedule custom and comprehensive teeth cleanings on a specific schedule, and he may recommend a new oral health routine for better at-home care.
General Dentistry for Your Smile Health
General dentistry sets the stage for optimal oral health, and proper general care makes you a better candidate for specific cosmetic dental procedures should you decide to weigh those options.
Additionally, general dentistry stops oral health issues from claiming your smile and causing you pain.
Schedule an Exam with Your Dentist in El Dorado Hills, CA
Get in touch with our dental team to schedule exams for yourself and your family members today. We’re anxious to help you maintain better oral health.