Dental Extractions in El Dorado Hills
Most of us don’t like to think about tooth extractions, but in many cases having a tooth pulled in El Dorado Hills, CA can mean a healthier smile.
Your dentist in El Dorado Hills does not take the decision to pull a tooth lightly. But in cases of severe pain and extensive decay, removing a tooth can save your adjacent teeth, free you from pain, and provide the opportunity for a quality tooth replacement.
Reasons You May Need a Tooth Pulled
- Extreme decay – sometimes, a tooth, due to severe decay or trauma, cannot be saved. In El Dorado Hills, CA we offer a variety of tooth replacement options, including dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants.
- Before orthodontics – sometimes your jaw cannot accommodate a full arch of teeth without overlapping. This type of extraction is not noticeable following orthodontic therapy.
- Wisdom teeth – sometimes wisdom teeth crowd the space allotted to your adult teeth, pushing and crowding these teeth. Problematic wisdom teeth, located at the back of your mouth, cause pain and may leave you vulnerable to infection when they only partially erupt. Removing difficult wisdom teeth benefits your smile and your comfort.
- Before dentures – if you’re considering dentures or implant-supported dentures, you may opt for removal of your remaining teeth, especially if they are decayed or not stable enough to support a partial denture or bridge.
If you need teeth or a tooth pulled in El Dorado Hills, CA, your dentist makes sure you are comfortable before beginning work.
Worry-Free Sedation Dentistry
Dr. Mohamad Albik does not want worry to keep you from getting the dental treatment you need.
If you need a tooth extraction in El Dorado Hills, CA, we offer:
- Numbing agents – to keep the area the dentist is working in numb
- Oral sedation – a pill taken an hour or more before your tooth extraction
Oral sedation requires a ride to and from your tooth extraction. With oral sedation, you are aware enough to respond to commands, but you may not remember the extraction process. With sedation, you will remain asleep while having your tooth pulled.
Our dentist has a lot of experience with sedation dentistry, and we monitor you closely throughout the extraction process.
The Tooth Extraction Process
Your dentist gently extracts your tooth following sedation or a numbing agent. You may feel slight pressure, but extraction is generally painless.
Following extraction, you may have swelling and mild discomfort for a few days, but Ibuprofen is typically enough to remedy these symptoms.
Gentle Tooth Extraction in El Dorado Hills, CA
If you’re considering dentures or orthodontics, or if you have problematic wisdom teeth or a severely decayed tooth, we want to help. Contact a member of our team today to schedule an exam with your dentist. Our dental clinic can be found off Windplay Drive south of El Dorado Freeway 50.