If you're wondering how long dental implants last and are concerned about longevity–you've come to the right place!
The quick answer is that dental implants can last a long time. However, when discussing the longevity of dental implants, there are three components to consider:
- The titanium post (screw) of the implant
- The connector that attaches the restoration to the implant
- The dental restoration (denture, crown, bridge)
The process begins by surgically implanting the titanium screw or implant into the jawbone. Then an abutment (connector) is attached to the implant. Lastly, the restoration attaches to the implant with the help of the connector. These parts vary in longevity. For example:
- The titanium dental implant, with proper care, can last a lifetime.
- The abutment may or may not need to be replaced along with the restoration, depending on its condition.
- Restorations are very durable, but they are not indestructible. By taking excellent care of your teeth, you will get the greatest lifespan out of any dental restoration we offer.
There are many reasons to consider dental implants. They can help to improve your appearance and confidence, and they can also help to preserve the health of your teeth and gums. In addition, implants are a very effective way to replace missing teeth.
Implant Dentistry El Dorado Hills
Are you considering implant dentistry in El Dorado Hills? At El Dorado Family Dental, we specialize in this treatment option and can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Whether you're looking to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth, implants are a great way to regain your confidence and get your life back.
When you're ready, don't hesitate to contact us to schedule a consultation. We'll be happy to answer any of your questions and help you decide if implants are right for you. We look forward to meeting you soon!