At El Dorado Family Dental, your safety and comfort are our top priorities. We want you to feel at ease when visiting our dental office, which is why we implemented health and safety protocols in response to COVID-19 early on. Now, as our communities begin to reopen and we all begin to look toward our return to a more normal existence, we continue to dedicate ourselves to your safety. To make sure we have the most up-to-date procedures in place, we continually monitor the recommendations and guidelines set forth by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
To maintain a safe environment for all our patients’ dental care, we ask you to work with us in our efforts.
Our Safety Procedures for Your Dental Appointments:
- When you schedule your appointment with our office, we will email or text a COVID-19 questionnaire to you. The questionnaire must be filled out in its entirety before you arrive for your appointment. If you have been in contact with someone in the last 14 days who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has experienced COVID-19 symptoms, such as flu-like symptoms, a cough, or shortness of breath, we will postpone your treatment. We will still provide you with excellent care in our office, but to keep everyone safe, your treatment will take place at a later date.
- We ask that our patients come to their dental appointments alone, if possible. If the patient needs a guardian, we request that only one guardian accompany the patient. We also request that you notify us in advance if you plan to attend an appointment with a child or family member.
- Everyone who enters our office should wear a face covering, so we ask that you bring one with you. You will also be asked to sanitize your hands as soon as you come in.
- We are also requesting that our patients take their temperature on the morning of their dental appointment. If you have a fever, please call our office so we can reschedule your dental appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will use a contactless thermometer to take your temperature, even if you report that you did not have a fever at home. This helps us keep everyone healthy!
- We regularly clean and disinfect common areas and surfaces. To help limit contact and exposure, please be aware that we are not currently providing magazines, children’s toys, charging stations or other items that are difficult to keep disinfected in our waiting room.
- To keep both our patients and our staff safe, we will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit.
Other Current Policies Regarding COVID-19:
- Our team will schedule appointments in a way that promotes social distancing and gives us plenty of time to thoroughly disinfect and clean necessary equipment and areas of the office between appointments.
- All paperwork will be sent electronically to patients before the appointment. Patients can complete in-office paperwork or payments via sanitized iPads in our office.
Safe Dentistry in El Dorado Hills, CA
In our El Dorado Hills dental office, we want to protect your health while providing you with top-notch dental care. If you have any concerns about your dental appointment, please contact our office. We are here to help you through this unusual time, and we will do everything we can to make your experience in our office pleasant and comfortable.